Get back to simple espresso with the Ascaso Basic semi-automatic espresso machine. Included is all a budding barista needs to start pulling great shots: pressurized, non-pressurized and pod baskets, and a swing-out steam wand with a removable panarello sleeve. That's it, no nested menus, no tiny dials, no interval programming diagrams; just tasty espresso at your fingertips. Designed and built in Spain, the Basic's boldly minimalist shape is sure to liven up any caffeine-deprived kitchen.
Features and Functionality of the Ascaso Basic Espresso Machine
- Simple Controls - Three toggle buttons (power, brew, steam) and a steam knob keep controls easy to use.
- All the Baskets - Each machine includes pressurized and non-pressurized baskets in single and double shot sizes, as well as a dedicated ESE pod basket.
- Heated Group - The Basic's outsized thermoblock nestles directly over the brew group, ensuring a heated path for your espresso.
- 3-Way Solenoid - A solenoid valve releases back pressure after brewing, helping to alleviate the messy "portafilter sneeze."
- Tamper Included - A curved plastic 57mm tamper is included for beginning baristas.
|How Does it Compare?||
With internals near-identical to the larger Dream Up, the Basic offers a budget option for those who don't require an all-aluminum case.
|Tips and Tricks||
Brace that base, folks! The lightweight design of the Basic needs a helping hand while locking in its portafilter.
|Depth||12 inches; 14.5 inches with portafilter installed|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.0000|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||2 L|
|Available Portafilters||E.S.E Pods, Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||2:25|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Ascaso Basic Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Length:||1 year parts and labor|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso Basic Espresso Machine
- Soap out drip tray and reservoir weekly.
- Use filtered water, or descale regularly (every 2-3 months based on usage)
User Manuals for your Ascaso Basic Espresso Machine
- Solid little machine Review by Mr coffee
Price Quality Value