The open box Ascaso Dream Up features a three-way solenoid, adjustable pressure valve and includes an aluminum tamper. Ascaso kept the same stylish retro look that the original Dream espresso machine has long been known for and made it available in a wide array of rainbow colors. The Dream Up is a versatile and easy-to-use single boiler espresso machine.
This is an open box product.
Features and Functionality of the Ascaso Dream Up
- Three-Way Solenoid Valve - This valve releases the excess pressure and moisture from the coffee puck when you are finished brewing, resulting in a drier puck that can be easily smacked into a knock box.
- Simple to Use Controls - Flip on the center power switch to begin heating up the boiler. Two more professional grade rocker switches allow for control of the steam function (far left) and the coffee brew control (far right). A series of indicator lights inform you when the machine is powered up, and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or steaming milk.
- Aluminum Case - The Dream is constructed of corrosion resistant aluminum for extra long life. The aluminum is then finished in a chip resistant enamel paint. Unlike most espresso machines in this class that are made of steel, the Dream will not rust thanks to the aluminum body. All of the components that make up the construction are designed for long life and low maintenance.
- Frothing Tip for Perfect Foam - Like magic, the wand will make perfect foam. In an instant, the steam wand converts the milk in your 12 or 20 oz. frothing pitcher to lovely foam for lattes and cappuccinos. Mounted on a swivel joint, the stainless steel steam wand conveniently swings aside and clean up is a snap.
- Quality Brewing Group - The group head (the component that accepts the coffee holder) is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso's commercial espresso machines, the Dream group head evenly distributes heat and reduces "hotspots" for more temperature consistent espresso. It has also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Heavy Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets - Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Dream uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. There is a coffee holder for ground coffee and one for espresso pods. Single shot and double shot 57 mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are also included. The larger size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee.
- 48 oz. Water Tank - The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet.
- 16 BAR Water Pump - The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater - The Dream has a polished stainless steel drip pan and chrome plated steel cup try, both easy to remove and clean. A unique scratch resistant cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Brass Boiler - Made of heat distributing brass, this boiler can get up to temperature quickly and stay there, with a fast recycling time. Two thermostats control the temperature for espresso and for steam, and a third that specifically monitors the boiler to protect it from overheating if the machine is left unattended for long periods.
|How Does it Compare?||
Beautiful design, all metal casing with solid internal components. With a little practice and regular maintenance this machine can product excellent results.
|Tips and Tricks||
Consider purchasing the non-pressurized upgrade adapter to improve shot quality. Note: You will also need a good quality espresso grinder to make this work.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||24.0000|
|Boiler Volume||8.6 ounces|
|Reservoir Size||48 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Ascaso Dream Up
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Espresso 4 Home|
|Warranty Contact Information:||732-866-1781|
A common failure point on single boiler models is boiler burn out, which can occur if the boiler is not actively refilled with water. Unfortunately, this error is not covered under warranty, so please ensure that your boiler is regularly and properly refilled by steaming, purging and then brewing. Not sure how to do this? Watch Gail perform this process on the Ascaso Dream UP.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso Dream Up
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Rinse portafilter and baskets after each use.
- Brush brew head gasket area weekly to remove any coffee build-up
- Purge and wipe the steam wand after each use. The Panarello sleeve can also be removed for regular cleaning.
User Manuals for the Ascaso Dream Up
Note: The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in models produced for the United States.