The company famous for making espresso shots a 'dream' offers this mid-range grinder designed for first-time users and those simply too busy for fussy operating features. This is the hand polished aluminum design. It has upgraded 54mm flat burrs.
Features and Functionality of the Ascaso i1 Flat Burr Espresso Grinder
- Easy Grinding and Dosing - On the side of the grinder there is a switch to turn the grinder on and off.
- Doserless Grinder (i) - Hold portafilter handle directly below spout on front of grinder, press in far enough to depress the grind button, the grinder will begin grinding. Hold until the desired amount of coffee is dispensed. Make sure the main power button is switched on.
- Stepless Grind Adjustment - To adjust the grind, turn the knob on the side of the grinder to adjust the grind finer, or turn it the opposite direction to make the grind coarser. Ascaso refers to this it's Micrometric Regulation System (MRS). The adjustment knob allows for infinite grind settings.
- 54mm Flat Burrs (i-1) - The i1 and i1d (doser) versions of this grinder feature a better and faster set of burrs coupled to a lower RPM motor for better temperature control and grind consistency. The 54mm flat burrs are coupled to a 250 Watt 600 RPM motor. Select this version of the grinder for a greater level of grinding precision, speed and consistency.
|How Does it Compare?||
The Ascaso i-Series Grinders offer a lot of bang for the buck. They have sturdy aluminum construction, good grinding capabilities and they look good too!
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Turkish|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||15.0000|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||1.1 pounds|
|Dosing Options||Doserless/Chute Only|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Burr Diameter||54mm Flat|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||On/Off Switch Only|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Ascaso i-Series Espresso Grinder
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Espresso 4 Home|
|Warranty Contact Information:||732-866-1781|
A common failure point on single boiler models is boiler burn out, which can occur if the boiler is not actively refilled with water. Unfortunately, this error is not covered under warranty, so please ensure that your boiler is regularly and properly refilled by steaming, purging and then brewing. Not sure how to do this? Watch Gail perform this process on the Ascaso Dream UP.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso i-Series Espresso Grinder
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your grinder's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Use Urnex Grindz weekly to remove oil residue from grinding burs. Follow instructions on package.
- Remove and wash bean hopper with soapy water every couple of weeks.
User Manuals for your Ascaso i-Series Espresso Grinders
Note: The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in models produced for the United States.