This Ascaso is an easy to use professional flat burr 54mm grinder. On the side of the grinder there is a button to control the main power. Under the coffee dispensing chute, another spring-loaded manual on/off button is present. Place the portafilter (or any storage container) against the button to start grinding and then remove the coffee holder when the desired amount of coffee has been dispensed.
Features and Functionality of the Ascaso i-Steel Espresso Grinder
- Doserless for Easy Grinding - On the side of the grinder there is a switch to turn the grinder on and off. Hold portafilter handle directly below spout on front of grinder, press in far enough to depress the grind button, the grinder will begin grinding. Hold until the desired amount of coffee is dispensed. Make sure the main power button is switched on.
- Stepless Grind Adjustment - To adjust the grind, turn the knob on the side of the grinder to adjust the grind finer, or turn it the opposite direction to make the grind coarser. Ascaso refers to this it's Micrometric Regulation System (MRS). The adjustment knob allows for infinite grind settings.
- Large Coffee Bean Hopper - With the ability to store up to 1.3 pounds of coffee beans in the hopper, there is no need to constantly refill the grinder. It will hold enough beans for 60 shots of espresso. It is made of clear shatter resistant plastic and topped with a plastic lid.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||15.0000|
|Case Material||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||1.3 pounds|
|Dosing Options||Doserless/Chute Only|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||On/Off Switch Only|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Ascaso i-Steel Espresso Grinder
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Espresso 4 Home|
|Warranty Contact Information:||732-866-1781|
A common failure point on single boiler models is boiler burn out, which can occur if the boiler is not actively refilled with water. Unfortunately, this error is not covered under warranty, so please ensure that your boiler is regularly and properly refilled by steaming, purging and then brewing. Not sure how to do this? Watch Gail perform this process on the Ascaso Dream UP.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso i-Steel Espresso Grinder
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your grinder's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Use Urnex Grindz weekly to remove oil residue from grinding burs. Follow instructions on package.
- Remove and wash bean hopper with soapy water every couple of weeks.
User Manuals for your Ascaso Grinder
Note: The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in models produced for the United States.