Bringing the best of Baratza's lineup to light, the Sette 270W combines high-quality steel burrs, a redesigned motor mount and weight-based dosing to create a grinder that is easy to dial-in, easier to clean, and easiest to keep full thanks to its bean-saving setup. Baratza's drop-through burrset lines up hopper and burrs right above your portafilter, eliminating excess buildup of grinds while also improving on grind speed over similar chute-based grinder designs.
Features and Functionality of the Baratza Sette 270W Grinder
- Accurate Weight Dosing - Auto-taring functionality ensures your dose is consistent from drink to drink.
- Compact - The Sette 270W will fit almost anywhere thanks to its compact shape and narrow profile.
- Adjustable Holder Arms - Grind directly into a portafilter, pour over or the included container for less wasted coffee and easier cleanup.
- Easy-cleaning - The drop-out burr design is easy to remove and clean without tools, and collects less fines along the way.
- Brand New Burrs - Special-made 40mm Etzinger burrs offer consistent grinds at any level of coarseness.
- Hopper Stopper - A flip down hopper door makes it easy to remove the hopper without scooping out beans.
|SCG Staff Says...||
The wider, updated arms on the 270W offer a very tight fit for portafilters. This design really dampens vibrations and makes for more accurate dosing for the scale. We tested a variety of portafilters with the updated portafilter hook. Rocket Espresso, La Marzocco, Crossland Coffee, Breville (54 and 58 mm) and Rancilio portafilters all fit great! La Pavoni's 51mm portafilter was a little loose, and Saeco's 53mm portafilters were a little too tall for the portafilter holder.
|How Does it Compare?||
The weight based dosing is both convenient and accurate. Dialed in for V60 and set at 20 grams, our test unit averaged 19.4 grams over 12 back-to-back grinds.
|Tips and Tricks||
|Suitable Applications||Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||9.0000|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 ounces|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Steel|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||On/Off Switch Only|
|Material||Stainless Steel and Plastic|
Ask a Question
Hope this helps
Instead, I'd recommend signing up for our back in stock email notification.
Hope this helps!
Warranty Information for the Baratza Sette 270W Grinder
|What it Covers:||
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Baratza|
|Warranty Contact Information:||877-701-2021|
|Notes:||Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Baratza Sette 270W Grinder
- Clean out burrs bi-weekly with a grinder brush and/or a cleaning agent (we use grindz).
- Soap out container and hopper weekly.
User Manuals for your Baratza Sette 270W Grinder
- Finally, a great grinder at this price point!Review by bblakeky
Price Quality Value
- Make sure you download the appReview by Jay
Price Quality Value
1.) Download the app for iOS or Android, named "Brewmaster" by Acaia as of January 2017
2.) Use the smaller included hex key to adjust the black "upper arm" to hold your portafilter level. If it's not level, grinds will make a mess. The little bump on the bottom of that arm should sit just inside your portafilter and keep it from falling off the grinder.
3.) Use the app to set the tare weight so that the app reads "0g" when the portafilter is resting on the grinder.
4.) Watch out for dry beans! Dry beans suffer from static pretty heavily with this grinder and will make a bigger mess than regular beans.
5.) Unplugging and re-plugging the unit in does not reset the tare weight. (Posted on 1/2/2017)