Roast your way to the perfect cup of joe with the Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster. With Behmor's patent pending smoke suppression technology and the ability to roast up to 1 pound of fresh green coffee beans, this roaster makes it easy to say yes to skipping the pre-roasted coffee and declare a resounding "heck yeah!" to roasting your own perfect blend.
Features & Functionality of the Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster
- Pre-programmed Settings: The Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster offers user-friendly pre-programmed settings for a simple start into the wonderful world of coffee bean roasting. Select the amount of green coffee beans you would like to roast (1/4 pound, 1/2 pound or 1 pound), the appropriate roast program/time (A, B, C, D) and type of bean profile (P1, P2, P3, P4, P5). Hit start and let the 1600 Plus roast its way into your heart.
- Profiles: The pre-programmed profiles indicate how much heat will be applied to your beans. P1 is the hottest profile, which makes it the fastest roast time. P5 offers the least amount of heat and in turn, offers the slowest roast time.
- Roast Programs: The convenient roast programs allow the user to easily change the length of the selected profile.
- Adjustable Time Increments: This function allows you to adjust the pre-prgrammed amount of time to suit your taste and desired roast. Increase the roast time by increments of 15 seconds and decrease the time by increments of 10 seconds.
- Cool Function: Begin the cool down cycle at any time during the roast by simply selecting the cool button.
- Interior Light: Turn on the interior light and watch the roasting magic happen!
- OFF: This button is pretty self explanatory. However, it is wise to note that this button should never be pressed during a roast cycle, unless it is a true emergency. Turning the roaster off mid roast cycle may cause excess smoke and could lead to fire.
- Roasting Drum: The removable roasting drum makes adding and removing beans a breeze.
- Chaff Tray: This tray catches all of the chaff that falls from the roasting drum and is also removable for an easy clean-up.
- Unattended Safety Function: Roasting coffee beans is an interactive process and thus, the roaster should never be left unattended during a roasting cycle. When a roasting cycle is about 75% complete, the Behmor 1600 Plus likes to make sure you're still around by starting a 30 second count-down. If you do not press start within those 30 seconds, the roaster assumes you have walked away and automatically begins the cool down cycle while flashing err7 on the digital screen.
|How Does it Compare?||
The new Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster offers the following new features that can only be accessed during a roast cycle:
|Tips and Tricks||
To help understand what pre-programmed profile you should roast with, Behmor offers the following examples of standard profiles by the origin of your green coffee beans:
|Product Weight (lbs.)||19.0000|
|Max Roast Capacity||1 pound|
Ask a Question
That's a good question. The cooling cycle is not comparable to an outside cooling tray -- it will work slower than that. However, in my experience the Behmor's cooling cycle works fine with the way the roaster works overall. The cooling is factored into the roasting profiles, and as you "dial in" your beans, you will be doing so with the cooling cycle as part of the profile. I always try to get them out of the roaster as soon as the cooling cycle finishes, however, and let them finish cooling in the air.
Warranty Information for the Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster
|What it Covers:||
Behmor roasters, Behmor Brazen Brewer coffee maker.
1 year on roasters, Behmor Connected Coffee Maker and accessories | 2 years on Brazen Plus Brewer
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Behmor|
|Warranty Contact Information:||Behmor online support|
|Notes:||Please note that to receive warranty support, you must register your equipment with Behmor.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
User Manuals for your Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster
- I've seen nothing better at this price pointReview by BoomRbust
Price Quality Value