Recipe: Pear and Espresso Panna Cotta
This entry was posted on June 9, 2011.
- 1/3 cup espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small pear, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the coffee and the sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Please, please, please: use good espresso not drip coffee! Add the pear slices and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender and the syrup has thickened slightly.
- Place the pears on the base of 2 lightly greased ramekins. Pour the syrup evenly over them and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Put the gelatine and the 2 tbsp of milk in a small bowl. Stir to combine and let stand for 2-3 minutes, until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Place the cream, the extra milk, the brown sugar and the vanilla extract in a pot over medium heat and bring to boil. Remove from the heat, add the gelatine and whisk to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Slowly pour the cream mixture over the pears and syrup. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours over overnight.
Recipe: Donna Hay Magazine