Cooking with Kaylie: Chocolate Pasta with Espresso Chocolate Sauce
This entry was posted on April 24, 2012.
By now, you probably know that I like the flavor combination of chocolate and espresso. I’ve done everything from chocolate espresso cookies to chocolate covered espresso beans. So, what could I do that is completely adventurous and incorporates these flavors? Chocolate Pasta with Espresso Chocolate Sauce, of course!
- 1/4 cup espresso (I used Velton’s Twilight Blend)
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate Pasta (I used Pappardelle’s Dark Chocolate Linguine)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine espresso and Nutella
- When Nutella has melted and is combined with the espresso, add in sugar and cook until dissolved
- Add in vanilla and butter, cooking until butter is melted and completely incorporated
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Place pasta on a plate and drizzle with sauce
I should point out that, while this is quite good, you need to have a certain adventurous spirit to enjoy it. After all, it’s not everyday one comes across dessert pasta!