Daily Archives: August 14, 2012
Muffins: The grab-and-go breakfast of champions! They’re slightly sweet and definitely delicious, with just enough carbs to get your day started but not so many that you fall asleep at your desk.
Now, I love pre-packaged muffin mixes with dehydrated fruit just as much as the next gal (have you ever tried those blueberries before mixing in the other ingredients? Yum!), but sometimes you want something different. Something less doped up with sugar and maybe just a tad more sophisticated, am I right?
Enter Glazed Chai Muffins. Oh yeah, breakfast just got awesome!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Monin Chai Tea Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Cream together the butter, vegetable oil, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk with the Monin Chai Concentrate.
- Alternate stirring the flour and milk/chai into the butter mixture, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a lined muffin tin and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After removing the muffins from the oven, prepare your glaze by combining the melted butter, powdered sugar, and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip each muffin top into the glaze and place on a wire rack to cool.
Want to get even fancier? Sprinkle some cinnamon on top immediately after glazing.
Pair this with your morning cup of coffee or shot of espresso and you’re sure to get your day off to the right start!