Daily Archives: September 11, 2012
On my never ending quest to mix espresso into food you might not otherwise add it to, I decided that root beer floats could use a makeover. Enter the Espresso Float. Yeah, I went there!
- Corn syrup (optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Shot of espresso (I used Velton’s Twilight Blend)
- 1-ounce of coffee flavored liqueur
- Root beer
- Dip rim of glass in corn syrup and then into a bowl of sprinkles.
- Add your scoop of vanilla ice cream to the glass.
- Pour the shot of espresso and the coffee liqueur over the ice cream.
- Pour in the root beer, going slowly to prevent the drink from bubbling over.
The ingredients for the coated rim are optional, but I highly encourage you to try it. Seriously, it adds a special touch to the drink and is sure to impress.
Okay, now go enjoy that deliciously caffeinated ice cream beverage!