Cooking with Kaylie: Caramel Apple Muffins
This entry was posted on October 17, 2012.
With autumn slowly creeping up on us, we’ve been a bit sluggish around the office. In my mind, there is really only one option to cure us of our fall funk: Eat as many seasonal foods as possible and stay in a food coma until spring rolls around again!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
- Monin Caramel Sauce
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Beat together butter butter, white sugar, brown sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in apples, then stir in the flour mixture.
- Divide mixture between a greased, or lined, 12-cup muffin pan and bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Drizzle with caramel syrup immediately before serving.
The greatest thing about this recipe? It’s technically a muffin, so you can guiltlessly eat them for breakfast!