Cooking with Kaylie: Mocha Brownie in a Mug
This entry was posted on January 9, 2013.
You've probably all heard of the 'cake in a mug' trend going around. And, if you haven't, you should really get in on this action.
Naturally, when I saw a brownie in a mug recipe, my brain replaced the word 'water' with 'espresso' and I was instantly in love! So, without further ado, I bring to you a gooey, chocolatey, espresso brownie in a mug!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 shot espresso (I used Lavazza Super Crema from my Xelsis)
- Mug (My Bodum Bistro Latte Cup worked perfectly for the job!)
- Stir the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt into the mug.
- Add the oil and water to the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly, being sure to eliminate any lumps of dry ingredients.
- Microwave for 1-1.5 minutes, until the brownie is only slightly moist in the center.
- Let sit for a few minutes before eating, as it will be very hot.
That's right, my friends. You just made a mocha brownie and only dirtied one dish (unless you count a spoon as a dish but, let's be honest, spoons are so small that they shouldn't count!). You're welcome!