Brewin' with Brandi: Candied Espresso Walnuts
This entry was posted on January 17, 2013.
What happens when you take something that's pretty darn awesome all by itself and then you add more awesomeness, awesome sauce and a little but of salt? You have Candied Espresso Walnuts, that's what.
Watch as Brandi takes on this well-loved recipe.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely ground coffee (preferably an espresso blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- half of an egg white
- 2 cups of walnut halves
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Whisk sugar, coffee, cinnamon, and salt together until well combined.
- Add egg white and stir until it's a nice paste.
- Add walnuts and mix until all of them are coated in the seasoning.
- Spread walnuts out on a non-stick cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake about 15 minutes total, removing and stirring them about every 5 minutes.
- Bake until the coating has baked into a delicious glaze.