Brewin' with Brandi: Mocha Butterscotch Haystacks
This entry was posted on May 9, 2013.
Brandi breaks in our new kitchen studio with this lovely treat, which incorporates chocolate, butterscotch, coffee, marshmallows ... and chow mein noodles!
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee (we used Middle Fork's Tough as Nails)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coffee, marshmallows and noodles together, then pour in melted chocolate mixture.
- Stir until everything is well-coated in the chocolate.
- On a non-stick surface (such as a non-stick pan, wax or parchment paper), spoon out about a tablespoon of the mixture, piled up like little haystacks.
- Let them set in the refrigerator for about an hour, then serve.