Brewin' with Brandi: Espresso Mini Muffins with Chocolate Ganache - Gluten Free
Even if you don't have a gluten allergy, we think that if you can make something without gluten that tastes amazing, why not make it without gluten? Brandi found this delicious recipe and we whipped it up in our new studio kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (+ more for greasing the pan)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a mini muffin tin well with coconut oil.
- Combine all the dry ingredients for the muffins (flour, coffee, baking soda, nutmeg and salt).
- Add the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and use a mixer to combine everything together until it's nice and smooth.
- Fill the greased muffin tins about 3/4 full; you should have just barely enough to make 24, so scrape that bowl!
- Bake for 8 - 9 minutes, test with a toothpick to ensure it comes back clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool.
- To make the ganache, combine the coconut milk and the chocolate together and melt using either a microwave or a double boiler on the stove. Mix until super smooth.
- Top the cooled muffins with the ganache and serve.