Daily Archives: July 11, 2013
If you find yourself with a few 'vintage' bananas, you have one of two choices: Whip up a delicious banana licuado or whip up a delicious banana bread. If you have several over-ripe bananas at your disposal, we highly recommend that you whip up both, but if not -- and you're all smoothied out -- Brandi's espresso-infused take on a classic is the best thing you can do for yourself today.
Armed with a slightly altered version of her Grandmother's recipe, watch Brandi craft us a loaf of this ultra-moist recipe.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 shots of espresso (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Grease a bread / loaf pan and preheat the oven to 300F.
- Beat the bananas until they are mostly liquid; add the eggs and blend.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and slowly add the sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add the banana mixture, vanilla extract and espresso to the creamed sugar.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder, then blend it into the batter.
- Transfer batter to greased pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until firm to the touch.