Daily Archives: September 5, 2013
Recipes for apple spiced lattes abound, but have you ever tried one with fresh apple juice? When we asked Brandi to find a fun recipe that would incorporate a Breville Juice Fountain, she came back with this little gem -- and we were very pleasantly surprised!
Despite copious evidence to the contrary, we're not big fans of super sweet food; if you share the same proclivities, this recipe is great because all of the sweetness comes from the apple's natural sugars. But even if you're a fan of candy-coated candygrams, you could make this recipe work for you by either selecting an apple that has more natural sugar or adding a little Monin syrup into the mix (purists might prefer Cane Sugar, while the more adventurous may take the 'spice' element of this recipe seriously by incorporating Cinnamon).
In this how-to video, Brandi begins by juicing a few apples and then -- using the Breville Barista Express -- she froths almond milk and 'juices' some coffee. The results? Delicious!
- 3 apples, juiced (yields about 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz espresso
- dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
- Start by juicing your apples; if you produce more than 1/2 cup, measure out that amount and then combine with the almond milk in a frothing pitcher.
- Froth the milk and juice combination together until it has reached your desired temperature.
- Pull your shot of espresso and combine it all in your serving mug; garnish with a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.