Brewin' with Brandi: Apple Spice Latte Recipe
This entry was posted on September 5, 2013.
Recipes for apple spiced lattes abound, but have you ever tried one with fresh apple juice? When we asked Brandi to find a fun recipe that would incorporate a Breville Juice Fountain, she came back with this little gem -- and we were very pleasantly surprised!
Despite copious evidence to the contrary, we're not big fans of super sweet food; if you share the same proclivities, this recipe is great because all of the sweetness comes from the apple's natural sugars. But even if you're a fan of candy-coated candygrams, you could make this recipe work for you by either selecting an apple that has more natural sugar or adding a little Monin syrup into the mix (purists might prefer Cane Sugar, while the more adventurous may take the 'spice' element of this recipe seriously by incorporating Cinnamon).
In this how-to video, Brandi begins by juicing a few apples and then -- using the Breville Barista Express -- she froths almond milk and 'juices' some coffee. The results? Delicious!
- 3 apples, juiced (yields about 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz espresso
- dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
- Start by juicing your apples; if you produce more than 1/2 cup, measure out that amount and then combine with the almond milk in a frothing pitcher.
- Froth the milk and juice combination together until it has reached your desired temperature.
- Pull your shot of espresso and combine it all in your serving mug; garnish with a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.