Brewin' with Brandi: Morning Buzz Granola Recipe
This entry was posted on September 19, 2013.
When we walked into our test kitchen and were greeted by Brandi's delicious granola recipe, we knew everything was going to be right in the world. Combining a nice selection of nuts, seeds and chocolate covered coffee beans (of course!), this tasty treat is sure to get your morning's engine revving on all cylinders.
Watch Brandi tempt us with its grand awesomeness.
Recipe: Morning Buzz Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced or chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of butter
- 3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Preheat the oven to 300F degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (for easy clean up!).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and honey together, then heat until the butter melts and everything is well incorporated. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir well to combine; make sure that everything is well coated.
- Spread the mixture onto your baking sheet and then put it in the oven.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, which is about 15 minutes, then remove and break up the pieces slightly. Repeat after another 15 minutes and then after 10 minutes.
- Once the granola is golden brown throughout and dry, remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate covered coffee beans over the warm granola; stir in.
- Allow the granola to cool and then serve! Cool it completely before storing, which you can do in an airtight container for up to a month.