Daily Archives: October 3, 2013
Do you think you're ready for this gelee? We think you are!
If you're in the market for a super fun and fairly simple coffee-infused dessert, this recipe is a great choice! In addition to having fun while you make it, you could get creative in how you serve it, too -- in demitasse with a dollop of whipped cream on top, in chilled coupe stemware with a dash of cinnamon to finish it off, in elegant serving spoons with a side of dark chocolate.
Watch as Brandi creates this delectable treat!
Video: Coffee Gelee Recipe
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee (ground for a pour over / Chemex)
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water plus 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Using a non-electric brew method (like a pour over or Chemex,) brew your coffee with 2 cups of the hot water.
- In a saucepan, bring the remaining 1/4 cup of water and all of the sugar to a boil until sugar has dissolved, creating a simple syrup. Remove the pan from heat.
- Soften the gelatin by sprinkling it with the 1 tablespoon of cold water and let it sit for about a minute.
- Combine hot coffee, simple syrup and vanilla, then add the gelatin and stir until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and chill, covered, until it has softly set -- about 8 hours.