Brewin' with Brandi: Easy Tiramisu Recipe
This entry was posted on November 14, 2013.
There are some things in life that just shouldn't be easy -- becoming a doctor, developing muscle tone, writing the Great American Novel -- these are all processes that have a defined pace which likely contributes to their very worth. You must walk before you run, try to notice the foliage along the way and no doubt be better for having followed a more disciplined approach to the endeavor. In that vein, we submit another activity that may not be the best when rendered 'easy': Tiramisu. Yes, it still tastes great and everyone you know will be clamoring for more, but is it really a good idea that you're able to whip up such a devilishly delicious dessert so quickly and easily?
As Brandi demonstrates in this video, except for the whipping of the cream, this tiramisu recipe is probably too simple to keep anyone very honest and on track with dietary balance. Gail even joins her in the end to sample this delectable treat … and pretty much everything used to make it. If you're looking for a super simple, easy and crowd-pleasing dessert for this holiday season (or any other time of the year, really,) then this tiramisu is the choice for you.
Recipe: Easy Tiramisu
- 1 frozen pound cake (10 3/4 oz), thawed
- 3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee (you know we used Velton's Twilight!)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Monin Dark Chocolate sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 Heath bars, crushed
- Slice the pound cake into nine slices and arrange in an ungraded 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Drizzle the pound cake with the coffee.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the chocolate syrup, blend well.
- Fold in the whipped cream until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture over the pound cake, then sprinkle with the crushed candy.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Give up all hope of losing that last 5 pounds.