Brewin’ with Brandy: Milky Melon Cooler
Although it is still pretty cold outside, at least around these parts, this is the time of year where the sun starts to appear a little more frequently, making us long for the return of warm summer days. While we have a quite a few more months to go before that happens, we can at least get our taste buds (and our minds) in the spirit for warmer weather with a milky melon cooler.
While the recipe for this drink might sound a little unusual, it is surprisingly light and refreshing. Better yet, it is super easy to make since all it requires is cold milk, watermelon syrup and an automatic milk frother. We made our milky melon cooler on the Capresso FrothTec Automatic Milk Frother, but you can make this recipe with any standalone milk frother that has a cold froth setting, or even on a manual model like the Frieling Milk Frother.
Watch Brandi walk us through these few easy steps and then mix up a drink of your own. You’ll feel like you’re relaxing at the beach or having a picnic in the park in no time!
Brewin’ with Brandi: Milky Melon Cooler
- .7 oz. of Monin Watermelon Syrup
- 6-8 oz. of fresh milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Fill an automatic milk frother up to the max froth line with cold milk.
- Put the lid on the milk frother and select the cold frothing option.
- Once the milk starts frothing, open the lid and slowly pour in the watermelon syrup.
- Put the lid back on and allow it to froth until complete, about two minutes. The milk should have a nice silky texture.
- Pour over ice and serve.
- To pretty up your drink you can try decorating it with slice of watermelon and drizzle of syrup over the edge of the glass.