Brewin' with Brandi: Twilight Dark Chocolate Truffles
Around these parts, we can't just settle for truffles. They need to be dark chocolate truffles. But are those good enough? Nope. They also need coffee. Not any kind of coffee, though. It needs to be Velton's Twilight coffee. Wow, we're picky!
The result of all this pickiness, however, are some amazingly delicious food items. So, without further ado, we present to you Twilight Dark Chocolate Truffles!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp ground Velton's Twilight coffee
- 4 oz baker's chocolate
- 2 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and heat over medium until all ingredients are melted (about 10 minutes), stirring constantly.
- When all ingredients are melted and the mixture is smooth, pour into a glass bowl and refrigerate for one hour or until it is a firm consistency.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and scoop the mixture onto wax paper or into treat cups by the tablespoon. Hint: A cookie scoop is great for this!
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.