Crew Review: Cuppow Mason Jar Cold Brew Kit
Mason jars, coffee socks and cold brew coffee. You might be thinking this all sounds like an episode straight from Portlandia. But we assure you, coffee-lovers, it’s no joke! The Cuppow Mason Jar Cold Brew Kit is just that: a cold brewing mason jar kit with an organic cotton (we heard you laughing) CoffeeSock to brew your coffee grounds in.
While you might be laughing still, this summer-friendly cold brew is going to knock your socks off (pun intended) with its deliciously smooth flavor.
Check out our full video below to see how quick and easy it is to use the Cuppow Mason Jar Cold Brew Kit.
What it comes with:
- Organic cotton CoffeeSock Cold Brew Filter, created by Cuppow
- 32-ounce mason jar
How it works:
- If this is your first time using the CoffeeSock, make sure to boil it before you use it.
- Take your CoffeeSock and put it inside the mason jar. Fold the open end of the sock over the top of the jar, so it creates a nice opening for coffee grounds.
- Add three ounces of coarsely ground coffee into the sock.
- Grab 24 ounces of cold water. Add some of your cold water to let the grounds bloom, just like you do with a pour over.
- Add the remaining water into the jar.
- Close up the CoffeeSock using the built-in tie, so it’s nice and tight to make sure no grounds end up in your coffee.
- Stick it in the fridge for 12 hours or up to a day to brew.
- When the time is up, take out the CoffeeSock, squeeze it out and pour yourself a cold cup of coffee! (This makes a concentrated cup, so if it’s too strong for your taste, add water or milk. Enjoy!)
P.S. Go ahead and drink it straight from the mason jar—we’re Seattle Coffee Gear, after all, we won’t judge.