Coffee Collaboration: A Stovetop Americano (Plus Half & Half!)
We’re calling this recipe, courtesy of Asher, a Stovetop Americano! Flavorful, stout and full-bodied, this brew makes one delicious cup we'll be making for a while! Let's get started on replicating this hot drink right in your home.
Ingredients & Equipment:
- Stovetop Espresso Maker
- Kettle for hot water
- 25 grams of a dark pre-ground coffee (we’re brewing Spotted Cow Weathervane Blend)
- Half and half
- Fill up your kettle with water and bring it to a boil.
- Have 25 grams of freshly ground or pre-ground coffee ready
- Once the water is boiling, fill up the stove top chamber with it. Leave the hot water boiling.
- Add 25 grams of pre-ground coffee into coffee chamber.
- Carefully screw on the top of the stovetop (it’ll be hot!) and place it on the stove to boil. You’ll notice it start to brew quickly, so don’t walk away! It took us about 45 seconds to percolate.
- Now comes the fun! When the stovetop is done, pour 95 grams of the freshly brewed stove top coffee into your mug, then clear the scale and add 135 grams of hot water in, too.
- Add your shot of half and half and enjoy!
We’re always taking new coffee recipes. Leave your recipe in the comments on YouTube!
Tips & Tricks:
Add some extra hot water to reduce the concentration of coffee or if you like it stout, add less.