Coffee Collaboration: Coffee + Butter + Coconut Oil = Yum!
You asked for it, so Gail brewed it! It's time for the much anticipated bulletproof coffee recipe on Coffee Collaboration!
This fresh, creamy drink takes you on a tropical island cruise that you’ve always dreamed of and leaves your taste buds swimming in an irresistible buttery-smooth texture—until the cup's empty and you find yourself back in your kitchen. Needless to say, this pallet pleaser lives up to its hyped reputation!
Besides the incredible taste and texture, there are some positive reviews out there about the health benefits of bulletproof coffee. One of those benefits comes from consuming coconut oil. Its benefits include speeding up your metabolism and giving you an extra energy boost (you know, in case caffeine wasn’t enough). There are also opinions that coconut oil and certain butter (depends on the kind) add healthy fats to your diet too. Benefits or no benefits, Gail is more than impressed with the final flavor results! Enough chit-chat; let's make this recipe!
- 10 ounces of coffee
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Coffee maker (we used a French press)
- Brew 10 ounces of coffee. Check out our How To Make Excellent French Press Coffee, if you’re new to the French press brew method.
- Grab a blender and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Pour your fresh coffee into the blender and blend! Drink up, me hearties!
Tips & Tricks: Try grass-fed butter for a different flavor and health benefits.