Coffee Collaboration: Portuguese Mazagran Coffee - A Coffee & Lemonade Treat!
While you’re impatiently waiting for short season, we’ve got a refreshing drink that’ll curb your summer appetite! Today’s concoction includes a summer favorite, lemonade, and our personal favorite, coffee, to create one delicious treat. Thanks Nick for the awesome recipe!
Gail went ahead and made herself a glass! Here a tip Gail discovered: make sure you have a tall enough container. We recommend at least a 12-ounce glass for this brew.
Nick's Portuguese Mazagran Recipe:
- 12 ounce+ glass
- 56 grams fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 356 grams filtered water
- 56 grams sugar
- 100 grams of Ice
- 25 grams of light roast coffee ground fine
- In a carafe with 100 grams of ice, combine the sugar, lemon juice and 56 grams of water to make a concentrated lemonade.
- Bring the remaining 300 grams of water to a boil.
- Set the AeroPress on top of the lemonade mixture and add in 25 grams of coffee.
- Slowly add 300 grams of boiling water into the AeroPress. Stir and brew for about 4 minutes and press when done.
- Stir to combine the lemonade with the coffee and pour into a glass with fresh ice!
This sweet infusion reminds Gail of iced tea with lemonade—another summer favorite!
Do you have a recipe to share with us? Drop us a comment below and we’ll brew up your favorite cup!