Stefan’s Iced Tonic Espresso Recipe
We’ve got another delicious Coffee Collaboration recipe we just had to share: Iced Tonic Espresso with a dash of orange! We’ve received a lot of orange recipes that have and haven’t gone so well (hint: this crazy disaster with the AeroPress) and luckily this drink’s incredibly easy to make. All you’ll need is an espresso machine to make your shot and voilà—Iced Tonic Espresso à la orange.
Here’s a suggestion for picking out your coffee for this drink: We’ve sampled lots of coffees with citrus notes and that got us thinking we should pick a blend with balance. Zoka Coffee’s Zoka Java combines bright fruits with chocolate and nutty flavors.
- 1 orange slice
- 6 ounces of tonic water
- A couple ice cubes
- 6-8 grams of coffee for a single shot
- Squirt of orange (optional—but totally recommended)
- Prep your ingredients: slice up an orange and have your tonic water on hand.
- Add a couple ice cubes to a 10-ounce glass. Place the glass under the brew head of your espresso machine.
- Grind 6-8 grams of coffee into your portafilter. Brew directly into the glass. Aim for 20-30 seconds (you’ll want to dial in your shot and grind for balance between sour and bitter flavors)
- Add 6-ounces of tonic water and a slice of orange—and an extra squirt of orange if you’d like! Enjoy!
Pro Tip: The tonic water will fizz on contact! Add in more or less tonic water to taste.