Adult Mexican Coffee Affogato
Once in a while you need a little extra humph with your coffee. What’s better than a little tequila and coffee liquor to get the engines revving? Quick answer: Adding ice cream to your booze! Drink up this deliciously creamy Adult Mexican Coffee Affogato that’s just in time for Cinco de Mayo. Thank you, Jane for taking all of our favorite things into one yummy drink!
We used the trusty Breville Barista Express so we could grind and brew our espresso in one go. The easy programmability is nice after a couple of espresso shots, too, and you can be sure you’ll have a line out the door for this drink! We picked Victrola’s Streamline Espresso for the smooth chocolate and fruit flavor that's robust in an espresso.
Pro Tip: We recommend a robust coffee blend for this drink, but it's not necessary with the coffee liquor to get a well-rounded flavor.
- Espresso machine
- Ice cream scoop
- 10+ ounce glass
- 16 grams coffee
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce coffee liquor
- 1 BIG scoop vanilla ice cream
- Prep your espresso machine ahead of time. (If you're using the Breville Barista Express, we clocked it at 70 seconds)
- Add one big scoop of ice cream, tequila and coffee liquor into your glass.
- Grind 16-ounces of coffee to make two shots of espresso. Brew straight onto your glass!
- Stir it up and take a big bite of your Mexican Coffee Affogato. ¡Delicioso!