12 Days of Coffee: Bluebeard Coffee Roasters - Snowbeard Winter Blend
On the first day of Christmas Bluebeard gave to me... one of our favorite holiday blends of the season- Snowbeard Holiday Blend! We're excited to spend twelve days of the month highlighting delicious coffees coming from roasters near and far, all of which are available in the holiday blends section of our website! Reach for a mug and pour yourself a little holiday cheer with your coffee!
Bluebeard Coffee Roasters:
Snowbeard Holiday Blend
A little background on the blend from the Bluebeard team...
We were excited earlier this summer when cupping Ethiopian arrival samples and came across a natural, the Chire from Sidamo, that we thought would taste great in the Snowbeard Holiday Blend. It had a bit more of an elegant quality to it, with some subdued strawberry notes and we thought it would be great in a blend, as naturals can sometimes dominate the cup profile. Turns out it layered great with our other Latin coffees from Guatemala and Colombia! We’re getting a lot of Chocolate, Candied Orange and some Cherry and Clove in this blend, with a bit less of the red fruits and pipe tobacco that we’ve seen in past editions.
"Holiday Light"-ning Q+A Round answered by their crew...
● Do you prefer hot chocolate or Egg Nog? Both
● How do you feel about pumpkin spice? Love and indifference
● What is your favorite thing about winter? Snowboarding!
● What is your favorite Christmas movie? Die Hard
● What are your favorite winter activities? Drinking Whiskey
● What are you most excited for this season? Holiday Emotions
● White lights or colored? Colored
● Gift-wrap or gift bags? Gift Wrap
● Bows or curly ribbon? Bows
● Steady lights or twinkling? Twinkling
● Angel or star tree-topper? Star
● Real tree or artificial? REAL
● Long needles or short? Short? Noble Firs are the best.
● Caroling or sleigh riding? Sleigh Riding
● Presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? BOTH
Bluebeard's big plans for 2018...
MORE coffee! We’re excited to grow with our friends in Tacoma and beyond. We have a few other tricks up our sleeve that we’ll have to let Santa deliver, too.