Recipe Spotlight: Coffee Madeira Cake!
Hey coffee lovers!
It's time for another recipe spotlight! We've decided to celebrate England's stellar world cup performance this week with a Coffee Madeira Cake! (It's British!)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup baker's sugar
- 4 tablespoons instant freeze-dried coffee
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking power
- Preheat oven to 325
- Line 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Mix flour and baking powder
- dissolve instant coffee in 3 tablespoons of hot water
- Combine butter, sugar, and coffee and cream until light and fluffy using a hand mixer
- Add eggs two at a time, mix until incorporated
- Fold in flour/baking soda mixture
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Allow time to cool before removing the cake from the tin
- Consider serving with whipped cream and strawberries
We hope you enjoy!