Philips Carina Tips and Tricks
The Philips Carina is one of the most affordable ways to get into superautomatic espresso machines. You've probably heard us gush about the features of this machine, but there's some tips and tricks that'll help you get the most out of it. Read on to learn more and get brewing!
- Warmup time
- The Carina features pretty fast warmup times. With that said, we recommend turning the machine on first thing, so that it'll be ready to brew when you're ready for coffee!
- Water tank, bean hopper
- A quick check of the water and bean levels each morning will help you to avoid any delays in getting your drink in the morning.
- Waste bin
- Similar to our last tip, consider dumping water from the drip tray in between clearing the waste bin. Otherwise you can end up with an easily spilled drip tray when trying to dump the waste bin!
- Brew volumes
- By pressing the drink button for your drink a second time, you can double the volume of the brew. By combining this with the volume "slider" button you can brew larger drinks.
- Milk steaming
- The Carina's panarello steam wand makes steaming easy, but by checking out some general milk steaming tips you can up your milk game.
- Use less oily beans
- More of a general superauto tip, but using beans that aren't too oily can keep your machine's grinder in tip-top shape.
- Try out a variety of drink options to really put your new machine through its paces!
- Dial in your machine
- The dial inside the bean hopper is used to dial in your machine, something you should definitely do! From there it can take a dozen or so drinks for the machine to produce its best coffee.
So there you have it! Using these tips you can really get the very best usability and coffee from your Carina!