Thanksgiving Coffee Cocktails with Ariel!
Ariel's got some delicious Thanksgiving drinks ready to spice up your holiday!
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake Affogato
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake Affogato Christina Tosi’s Gooey Butter Pumpkin Cake Recipe:
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellowcake mix
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup crust mixture reserved from above
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Make the crust: Mix together the cake mix, butter, and egg in a bowl. Measure out 1⁄4 cup and set aside for the ﬁlling. Press the rest into the bottom of a 9 × 13-inch baking dish; the crust should be 1⁄2 inch thick.
Make the ﬁlling: Beat together the reserved 1⁄4 cup crust mixture with the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment until smooth. Mix in the confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon. Add the egg and vanilla, then ﬁnish by mixing in the pumpkin until smooth. Pour on top of the crust. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the ﬁlling begins to crack and is set but jiggles slightly when the pan is nudged (a knife inserted into it will not come out clean). Cool completely in the pan
For the ice cream: 1 pint of vanilla gelato, softened 2 gooey butter pumpkin bars cut into 1/2 inch squares Soften your favorite brand of vanilla gelato. In a bowl, mix in the gooey butter pumpkin cake pieces until well incorporated with gelato. Put mixture back in pint container and freeze until set. In an ice cream bowl or martini glass, add a generous scoop of gooey butter pumpkin cake gelato. Pour freshly brewed shot of espresso over top, garnish with fresh grated nutmeg.
Espresso Chartreuse Swizzle
Spiced Caramelized Pineapple Syrup:
- 8oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 zips of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 caramelized pineapple rings (just throw these in a pan and cook on medium heat until both sides are browned with just a little char)
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
Combine pineapple juice and sugar in a small sauce pan, heat until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat. Add spices and lime juice. Combine the syrup with the caramelized pineapple in a blender, blend until smooth. Stain into jar or other storage container. Will keep in the fridge for about a month.
Espresso Chartreuse Swizzle 1 1/2 oz Green Chartreuse 1 oz espresso 3/4 oz fresh lime juice 1/2 oz spiced caramelized pineapple syrup Ginger ale Sprig of fresh mint for garnish Freshly grated nutmeg for garnish In a drink shaker filled with ice, add Chartreuse, espresso, lime juice, and syrup. Shake until well chilled and strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top with ginger ale. Garnish with a generous amount of freshly grated nutmeg and a sprig of fresh mint.
Products Used in these Videos: