Encompassing the strength of a commercial machine in the size of a home-friendly footprint, the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine Refurbished Model uses dual stainless steel boilers for precise temperature and pressure control every time. With electronic PID temperature control the ability to adjust the temperature for different bean roasts and origins are separate from the steam boiler settings. This allows for the right temperature to extract your shot while simultaneously steaming your milk to a frothy, velvety texture with the three-hole, 360-degree swivel steam wand.
This product has been factory refurbished by Breville.
This video may feature a different model year. There may be variations in color, features and included items.
Features & Functionality of the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine Refurbished Model
- Dual Stainless Steel Boilers: Dedicated boilers for simultaneous espresso extraction and milk steaming
- Dual Italian Pumps: Dedicated espresso and steam pumps for optimal pressure
- Regulated Extraction Pressure: Over-pressure & valve limits extraction pressure
- Electronic PID Temperature & Control: For precise water temperature
- Actively Heated Group Head: Maintains thermal stability throughout extraction
- Programmable Extraction Temperature: 190 degrees - 205 degrees for different roasts and origins. Displays in either Fahrenheit of Celsius
- Programmable Volumetric Control: Preset 1 and 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride or reprogrammable volumes
- Programmable Pre-Infusion: Alter the pre-infusion duration and power to fine tune flavor profiles
- Espresso Pressure Gauge: Monitors extraction pressure
- Espresso Shot Clock: A guide to extraction consistency
- Backlit LCD: Displays either extraction temperature, shot clock or clock
- Auto Start: Preheats the machine at a programmed time
- 360 degree Swivel Steam Wand: Three-hole tip for a silkier texture
- Hot Water Outlet: For making an Americano or preheating cups
- Drop Down Swivel Foot: Lifts the machine upwards for easy maneuverability around the countertop
|How Does it Compare?||
The Refurbished BES900XL is a great entry point into the land of dual boilers. With the streamlined brushed stainless casing featured on all Breville machines, the temperature controlled boilers will have you steaming and brewing at the same time.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||36.5000|
|Case Material||Plastic with Metal Finish|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches|
|Boiler Volume||Espresso Boiler: 0.3L (10 ounces) | Steam Boiler: 0.95L (32 ounces)|
|Reservoir Size||84 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Available Portafilters||Bottomless, Non-Pressurized|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||6 minutes|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||6 minutes|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
Ask a Question
I already had a smaller steamer pitcher than the one that came with the machine and I find that one to be more convenient to use. It heats more quickly with ;the smaller volume and I prefer to use it twice than the larger one once.
A knock box is very handy.
A measured shot glass is very helpful in starting to learn the effect of grind, volume and tamping on the outcome.
Some small cloths to keep handy for cleaning, particularly the steam wand after each use.
I really like drinking out double wall clear glass cups. Mine are the Bodum Pavina 8 ounce glasses, which easily fit under the portafilter.
And, of course, a grinder really is essential. I started off using the pressurized portafileter with preground coffee. Shots looked great right away, but didn't develop the flavor that I get with the non-pressurized portafilter.
All this sounds like a lot, but just do it a little at a time. The machine is functional as is.
Should I expect scratches or wear and tear on this item?
Thanks for the info.
What is a Refurbished Machine?
Generally, it's equipment that was used as a demo model in our retail store or was returned to us or the manufacturer. These machines could have had a fair amount of use.
Our in-house refurbishing team takes the machines apart, rebuilds and replaces parts as needed, repairs, tests and then thoroughly cleanses the equipment.
Refurbished gear will most likely not include the original manufacturer packaging and may not include any non-essential manufacturer-provided accessories. Consumable items included with new equipment (such as water filters or hardness testing strips) will not be included.
Because this equipment is used, there may be aesthetic or cosmetic blemishes that cannot be repaired during refurbishment.
Breville: This equipment is refurbished at Breville's factory and supported by a 6 month warranty directly through them.
Jura Capresso: These machines are factory refurbished by Jura and are covered by a 1 year warranty directly through them.
Seattle Coffee Gear: We refurbish an array of machines at our refurbishing center and offer a 6 month warranty on them directly through us.
Warranty Information for the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine Refurbished Model
|What it Covers:||
Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
- 2 Years (Oracle & Dual Boiler)
- 1 Year (All other new equipment)
- 6 months (Refurbished Models)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Breville USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-273-8455|
|Notes:||Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Excludes YouBrew)|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for your Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine Refurbished Model
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual.
User Manuals for your Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine Refurbished Model
Videos Featuring the Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine Refurbished Model
- an AWESOME update to our aging Barista Express BES860Review by Rover Kid
Price Quality Value
- Wonderful machine!Review by philipp
Price Quality Value
The consistency of temperature, and pressure, dual boilers for independent extraction and powerful steaming, clear backlit display, easy clean-up with buttons which are flush with the stainless armature, and a host of other well-thought-out features, make this machine a real pleasure to use. I don't know of any other brand which delivers this many features and quality for the price. (Posted on 12/29/2013)
- I couldn't be more happyReview by Pete
Price Quality Value
Also, the steamer wand generates really nice frothed milk.
There is nothing that has been less than satisfactory. (Posted on 12/6/2013)
- Heaven Sent~!Review by Shannon
Price Quality Value
**Though I must say I did call the 1-800 # to ask if the refurbished units come with a spare water filter to start you off with and she told me NO! I was a little bummed by that because then I had to hurriedly order some... but when the unit arrived I did get a spare filter and 2 cleaning tablets. OIE! (Posted on 5/14/2013)