Refined and reviewed since 1968, this Netherlands design will knock your socks off! The Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 combines durability with finesse through its high quality copper boiler, its steady flow rate, and its easily replaceable parts. This brewer also uses a glass carafe and warmer plate to keep your coffee piping hot between cups. Technivorm’s Moccamaster KBG741 has been crafted with care to prepare delicious hot coffee – pot after pot, and year after year.
1-cup + 2-cup: Can brew 1 or 2 cups at a time.
5-cup: Brews 5 cups at a time.
8-cup: Brews 8 cups at a time.
9-cup: Brews 9 cups at a time.
12-cup: Brews 12 cups at a time.
Multiple: Adjusts to brew 1, 5 or 12 cups at a time.
8-cup + 1-Cup: Can brew 8 cups or a single cup at a time.
12-cup + 1-Cup: Can brew 12 cups or a single cup at a time.8-cup
Cone: Works with cone style filters.
Flat: Works with basket style filters.
Pour-over: Works with pour over filters.Cone
- Brewing Temperature: Water temperature rises to 198-205°F for brewing, with a holding temperature of 176-185°F to ensure consistently delicious flavors.
- Even Extraction: Designed to evenly spread water over your coffee grounds for skillfully balanced flavors. This efficient brewing cycle is completed in five to six minutes.
- Durable and Replaceable Parts: Built with a copper boiler, backed by a five year warranty, and sold alongside easily replaceable parts so that your machine can be maintained for years to come.
- Cone Filters: Uses type #4 cone filters, giving you a choice of paper filters or the reusable Gold Tone Filter.
- Water Level: Made in the Netherlands, the Moccamaster KBG741 measures its cup sizes a little bit (1.75 oz.) smaller than the US standard cup of coffee.
- Glass Carafe: This model uses a glass carafe and heating element. For coffee that is kept warm using an insulated carafe, rather than a heating element: Click here to check out the stainless carafe version.
- Gold Standard Coffee: Coffee tastes 'sooooo' much better when brewed at the correct temperature, and with the right equipment! With this level of attention to detail, you can taste the difference.
- Hot Hot Heat: One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200°F – a temperature certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) to create premium flavors.
- Copper Boiler: Designed for optimal heat distribution inside the boiler, the use of copper material comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- No Internal Clock: Many modern coffee machines come with internal clocks that will brew coffee for you in the morning: but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- Industrial Design: We’ve heard it before, and we’ll hear it again: "What even is that weird pillar thing under the water tank?!" Although it may appear to be unutilized space–in truth, that’s where the copper boiler is kept. Practical application aside, many people feel that this tall pillar looks a bit out of place.
How Does it Compare?
The KBG741 is most comparable to the Technivorm Moccamaster KB741 which offers the unique ability to brew half a pot at a time, or even stop your coffee stream altogether, due to an open/close valve located on the grinds container. Both of these models come with a mid-brew interrupting sensor, as well as glass carafes and the capacity for 10 cups. In contrast, the the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741 provides all these features and uses an insulated carafe.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Tips and Tricks
Water really does make a difference. Always use filtered water to make drip coffee taste better.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
42 ounces maximum
Warm Up: Brew Time
Warranty Information for the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers and grinders
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Caring for your Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.