illy Dark Roast has a full body and the deep, rich flavor of a more intense espresso. Notes of cocoa and hints of caramel intertwine to create a coffee you will savor.
In addition, illy has made Dark Roast available in a variety of types to facilitate the brewing process:
- Whole Bean - It's the perfect choice for coffee connoisseurs who prefer grinding the beans to suit their own individual taste and preparation method.
- Fine Espresso Grind - Choose it if you enjoy personalizing the dosage of each espresso shot and the tactile pleasure of tamping the coffee.
- Espresso Pods - Place a pre-measured illy pod into an E.S.E.-compatible espresso machine, and in less than 30 seconds you have rich, robust espresso!
illy Dark Roast comes either in a pressurized can to preserve the fresh flavor and aroma of the distinctive illy blend or an 18 count package of individually wrapped espresso pods.
- 8.8 ounce can or 4.4 ounce box of premium illy coffee
- Imported from Italy
|How Does it Compare?||
illy Dark Roast espresso holds up well in milk-based drinks like lattes, cappuccinos and macchiatos.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.5500|
|Roast Level Shades||Shade: Dark Brown | Names: French, Espresso|
Ask a Question
Hope this clarifies!
Have suggestions on what you'd like to see here? Send us an email!
- Illy Dark RoastReview by LLW
Price Value Quality
The ILLY consistency is second to none and provides a robust cup.
The best thing you will notice about these beans is that although a dark roast, there is no oil on the beans. We have had to air dry every other dark roast on a plate for days - in which case only some of the oils have evaporated. As we own a Gaggenau machine that grinds each cup fresh, oily beans mean frequent cleanings and the potential for gumming up the mechanisms.
Illy eliminates this issue and provides a perfect cup every time. (Posted on 4/15/2014)
- AmazingReview by John
Price Value Quality