OverviewGive your water a sparkly clean sheen with the Everpure 4CB5-S Water Filter. This filter will do just about everything but refill the tank for you. Capable of filtering through bacteria down to 5 microns in size, this filter will strip your water of essentially everything that's not meant for your cup. The 4CB5-S will also reduce limescale buildup in your water tank, which will save on maintenance fees and overall downtime in the future. This filter is not recommended for use with espresso machines, however, because of the solution it uses to descale. For the small traditional coffee house, or for use with water towers - this filter should do the trick.
- Scale Inhibitor: Uses a sanitary solution to reduce limescale build up and prevent against scaling.
- Micron Rating of 5.00: Blocks bacteria and sediment over 5 microns in size.
- Capacity for 6,000 Gallons: We recommend changing this filter out once every six months, leaving you with about 1,000 gallons of filtered water every month!
- Max Flow Rate of 1.67 GPM: With over 1.5 gallons of water output available per minute, coffee should always flow at the door at a steady pace.
- Use a 3/8" water line: Compatible with the QL2 filter head
How Does it Compare?
The two filters that compare most directly with the 4CB5-S are the 7CB5-S and the 4CB5. In truth, the Everpure 4CB5-S filter is basically a shorter version of the 7CB5-S: which results in a lower rated capacity, flow rate, and shorter overall dimensions for the 4CB5-S. However all three of these filters share the same micron rating, meaning they will all block bacteria rating over five microns in size. 4CB5-S and 7CB5-S filters both have the ability to remove limescale build-up with their Scale Inhibitor (hence the "S" in their name); but, they will not work well to filter espresso machines because the chemical used for descaling could cause your espresso machine to clog. The 4CB5 filter is equally small in stature to the 4CB5-S, and will work well for espresso machines that don't use hard water, but in any area where water hardness is a problem we would suggest taking a look at filters better equipped for that issue. If water hardness is a known problem in your state, check out the Claris XL or the Eso7 filter systems!
Tips and Tricks
Leave 2.5" clearance below cartridge so that replacement cartridges can be easily installed!Make sure to flush the cartridge out for five minutes upon each new installation.
About Shop Brands
Product Weight (lbs.)
Questions & Answers