OverviewEverpure's 7CB5-S Commercial Water Filter is designed to meticulously purify your water, cleaning with all aspects of effective production in mind. Although this filter is not recommended for use with espresso machines, the filters' scale inhibitor will considerably reduce limescale build up when used with any coffee brewer or hot water tower. The Everpure 7CB5-S filter will block 99.9% of the contaminates trying to infiltrate your coffee - they will hardly stand a chance against this grade 5 micron filter! Still, you will also see a high flow rate at 2.5 gallons per minute. This carbon block filter will also workhorse its way through 10,000 gallons of water before it breaks down; however we also recommend you change this filter out every six months to maintain optimal freshness. And as if all that weren't enough, you also don't even have to plug it in - no electrical connection required! If we didn't know how it worked, we might just call it magic.
- Scale Inhibitor: Reduces your ongoing costs of machine maintenance with less limescale build up over time.
- Micron Rating of 5.00: With the ability to filter out of 99.9% of the worlds contaminants, any bacteria small enough to make it through here deserves an award for advanced tininess. But in truth... this is just the first level. We all know they'll never survive the boiler.
- Max Flow Rate of 2.5 gpm: Your filtered water will always be able to keep up with the fast pace of well caffeinated customers when supported by a flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute!
- Inlet Outlet Size: 3/8"FPT: Compatible with the Everpure QL2 Head.
- Pressure Requirements of 10 to 125 psi: We recommend that you swap out your filter if the psi drops below 0.7 bars (or 10 psi).
- Temperature Range of 35 to 100F: As long as it's not frozen, and it's not boiling yet, you should be fine.
How Does it Compare?
When measured against the Everpure 7CB5, this filter definitely has its pro's and con's. These two filters are really the same; in fact the only difference comes down to this: The 7CB5-S has the ability to remove limescale build up because of its Scale Inhibitor (hence the "S" in its name); but, this filter will not work well to filter espresso machines because the chemical used for descaling in this filter might cause an espresso machine to clog. The 7CB5 will work well for espresso machines that don't use hard water, but in any area where water hardness is a problem we would suggest taking a look at filters better equipped for that issue. If water hardness is a known problem in your state, check out the Claris XL or the Eso7 filter systems!
Tips and Tricks
Leave 2.5" clearance below cartridge so that replacement cartridges can be easily installed! Make sure to flush the cartridge out for five minutes upon each new installation.
About Shop Brands
Product Weight (lbs.)
Questions & Answers