Creating a class ahem all its own, the Classe 5 reinvigorates Rancilio's entry-level commercial offering with improved volumetric controls and a fancy new case over the Epoca that came before it. Dead-simple programming, care and maintenance can be yours alongside a price point perfect for beginning baristas and small coffee shops alike. Added USB functionality makes it easy to flash new updates from Rancilio straight to your machine.
- Volumetric Programming - A press-and-hold style programming setup makes it easy to set shot times.
- C-Lever Steam Control - Flick the dial down for quick steam feathering, or up for full-bore steaming.
- Independent Heat Exchangers - Each group head pulls from its own heat exchanger for consistent shot-to-shot heat.
- Cup Warmer - A topside-located cup warmer harnesses the excess heat from the large boiler for toasty cups on-demand
- Easy Programming - The Classe 5's programming is easy to set and daisy-chains from left to right for quick setup and painless adjustments.
- Quick Uptime - The conservatively-sized heat exchange boiler offers quick heating and quicker recovery times than larger units.
- USB Updates - Get up-to-date software changes and bug fixes with a simple plug and play USB slot.
- Tall Versions - Making a lot of lattes? Tall versions of the Classe 5 offer an expanded cup clearance up to 5.7 inches.
- Maintenance Friendly - Care and maintenance are easy thanks to the simple features, commercial parts and spacious interior.
- Spluttery Hot Water - Pulling directly from a steam pressure boiler means ultra-hot water that splutters and steams.
- Plastic Case - While there is a lot to be said for plastic paneling, some may not like the look.
What it Covers: Rancilio home espresso machines and grinders
Length: 1 year parts and labor (Silvia and Rocky)
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Silvia and Silvia Pro only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Back flush group heads daily
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily
- Soap out the drip tray every few days
- Clean the filter basket each week
- Keep the steam wand clean; make sure to wipe it down after each use
1 Group: 16 inches | 2 Group Compact: 24 inches | 2 Group: 31 inches | 3 Group: 40 inches
1 Group: 1600 W | 2 Group Compact: 2700/3000 W | 2 Group Compact Tall: 3000 W | 2 Group: 4300 W | 3 Group: 6000 W
1 Group: 120V | 2 Group Compact: 120V/220V | 2 Group Compact Tall: 220V | 2 Group: 220V | 2 Group Tall: 220V | 3 Group: 220V | 3 Group Tall: 220V
1 Group: 4 L | 2 Group Compact: 5 L | 2 Group: 11 L | 3 Group: 16 L
Product Weight (lbs.)
Founded by Roberto Rancilio in 1927, Rancilio has long been an authority in the espresso world. The brewers and grinders built by this brand present a great starting point for a home espresso set up. Their home machines are easy to get started on, but with some practice and care you’ll be producing café quality beverages from the comfort of your kitchen.