It's as fetching as it is functional! Meet the splendidly silver Gran Dama 6700 from DeLonghi, the second iteration of DeLonghi's Gran Dama Super-Automatic espresso machine that offers marked improvements over previous models. The Gran Dama features a built-in bypass doser and professional grade burr grinder, not to mention a single-dose frothing system, which cuts down on wasted milk - a common issue found with a traditional Super-Automatic system. Gran Dama's impressive stainless steel construction, its smaller-than-average footprint and bright LCD screen for efficient drink programming are just as its name suggests: Grand!
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi Gran Dama 6700
- Automatic : The 6700's efficient brewing system grinds and brews espresso while the automatic milk frother dispenses creamy, hot milk into your cup. With four programmable coffee drink sizes and three programmable milk drink buttons, you have complete, consistent control of your coffee and milk volume. The self-cleaning milk system takes that unnecessary hassle out of making lattes or cappuccinos.
- Programmable: Through the LCD display, users can access the detailed programming menu, set coffee and milk volume, adjust temperature, access cleaning cycles and much more. The display leads you through every operation, including brewing, cleaning and programming, and is easily navigable and brightly lit.
- Push-Button Foam: The Gran Dama has mastered automatic beverages with its integrated milk frothing system. The 25 oz. milk container froths or steams and then pours directly into your cup. After your drink, press the "clean" button on the milk container, and the machine automatically flushes the milk system with hot water. Dishwasher safe, the milk container can also be stored in the refrigerator between drinks.
- Burr Grinder: The Gran Dama employs a heavy-duty burr grinder built to last the life of the unit. Inside the 7 oz. bean hopper, you will find an adjustment knob which allows you to fine-tune your grind settings.
- Hot Water: The 6700 comes complete with the ability to dispense hot water right from the boiler. Simply remove the milk container and snap the hot water spout into place, and you are ready.
- Bypass Doser: Need it stronger? Maybe it's time to dial it back to decaf? The 6700's bypass doser allows you to bypass the grinder with pre-ground coffee, making it easy to make the shift from one bean to another.
- Warm It Up: Did you know you lose as much as 15 degrees from your drink when you use a cold cup? Take the edge off of your shot glasses or cups with the cup warming surface.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||30.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||60 oz|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - One-Touch Functionality Only|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi Gran Dama 6700
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi Gran Dama 6700
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap) about once per week.
- For optimal results, run the rinsing cycle after frothing milk.
- Overall great machineReview by Carl
Price Value Quality
Oh, and my wife loves the cappuccino, for those who would buy the machine for what it's made for. It's incredibly easy to use and clean.
If I had one complaint about the machine, it's that when the water tank or bean compartment are empty or near empty, it will still try to brew. This is problematic when it runs out of one or another mid-brew. Some settings require two grinding and brewing cycles, so it'll brew the first cycle, then try to brew the second only to run out. The problem is that it doesn't just continue where it left off after you fill the tank. You have to start over. The same thing happens when making a latte, cappuccino, etc. You'll have a cup of warm milk sitting there while you refill beans/water, then you have to just add a shot or two using the espresso setting. It's a minor complaint, but it is annoying.
Overall, great product though. And nobody could be the Seattle Coffee Gear price. (Posted on 1/2/2014)
- Love this machineReview by Bstevenf
Quality Price Value
- AwesomeReview by elliot
Quality Value Price
Easy To Use, Great Taste, Fantastic cappuccino's, Quick Brewing, Easy To Clean, Large Water Container
(Posted on 1/26/2012)