The DeLonghi Magnifica S Cappuccino ECAM 23450SL is a compact double boiler espresso machine that still maintains all of the features and functions of full-size automatic espresso machines. The Magnifica ECAM 23450SL's top feature? An impressive "Single Touch" hot milk system, which allows you to push one button and have all the work that goes into creating a latte or cappuccino done for you and dispensed directly into your cup. The ECAM 23450SL also features an easy-to-use digital control panel and programmable menu settings that control start time, auto off, temperature, coffee strength (five settings), and cup size (four settings).
How the DeLonghi Cappuccino ECAM 23450SL Works
- Fill the water tank
- Add beans
- And you're ready to brew
- Program the "My Coffee" button to your preferred water volume by navigating to it in the programming interface
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi Cappuccino ECAM 23450SL
- Compact Size: The ECAM 23450SL's sleek design allows for an easy fit in any size kitchen without sacrificing features found in some of the larger models.
- Minimize The Mess: The ECAM 23450SL automatically indicates when it's time to tidy up. Comes with a removable hopper and drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Removable Water Tank: With a removable 1.8 liter see-through tank, it is easy to tell when you need to add more water or clean it out.
- Single-Touch: With exclusive single-touch beverage buttons for cappuccinos and lattes, all you need to do is choose your drink size, strength and type and the ECAM 23450SL will do the rest of the work for you.
- Save The Earth: With an automatic three hour shut off as well as an energy saving mode, the ECAM 23450SL is safe and environmentally friendly.
- Some Like It Hot: There is no better way to keep your favorite drinks hot longer than preheating your cups on the included cup warmer.
- Some Like It Hotter: Prefer tea or hot chocolate? The ECAM 23450SL's included hot water dispenser allows for an even larger variety in drink choices.
- Keep It Clean: The cleaner the water, the better the coffee, and with an internal water filtration system, the ECAM 23450SL ensures the freshest cup possible.
- Don't Lose Any Flavor: The ECAM 23450SL's 8.8 ounce coffee bean container keeps the beans fresh with an easy access flip lid.
- Professional-Quality Burr Grinder: With a lower pitch conical burr grinder, The ECAM 23450SL produces a more consistent espresso or coffee. Grind settings also allow you to customize the fineness of your grinds.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||The DeLonghi Magnifica S Cappuccino Espresso Machine makes the hottest coffee compared to other superautomatics.|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||23.5400|
|Cup Clearance||Less than 6 inches|
|Reservoir Size||60 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute and 11 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||25 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - One-Touch Functionality Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8.8 oz|
Ask a Question
The mfg is aware of this. the book says if its not hot enough warm the mug and things like that. but, I think its a flaw.
Otherwise i love it
Please note that I used several different thermometers and the results were all within a degree, or two. I've used the recommendations from DeLonghi (cup warmer, use rinse cycle to preheat elements and use hot water feature to warm up cup)
Could you retest the new Magnifica S and provide the temperatures you're able to achieve? I purchased this machine after what I thought was exhaustive research, relying on real world reviews (like yours). Needless to say, I'm disappointed that my new machine is unable to provide me with what I consider a nice hot cup of coffee or cappuccino.
to get two good shots, we press the single shot (I cup button). Wait for it to finish, and then press the single shot again to get the second shot.
if you press the double shot (or double cup button), the machine does not cycle two shots, it seems to just process more water through the same shot. And the taste is 'weaker' than if we press the single shot twice and fill to the same amount of water.
while this might not sound good. we've been very happy with the machine. we send about 6 to 8 shots through it a day!
a few times, the machine has processed a shot, and then fails to pump water through it? not sure what happens or why it happens, but we simply turn the machine off and on and that seems to solve the issue.
Hope this helps you in your search!
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi Cappuccino ECAM 23450SL
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi Cappuccino ECAM 23450SL
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week.
- Wipe out bean hopper regularly to reduce coffee oil buildup.
- VERY happy with this machineReview by lc
Quality Price Value
- Good value, great machine, but some inconsistency with qualityReview by Espresso_Fan
Quality Price Value
I'll probably get a different brand for the next machine (Jura or Saeco) and see what happens. (Posted on 10/28/2014)
- Disappointed Review by Holly
Price Value Quality
- Great machine but not perfectReview by Jimmy
Quality Price Value
The espresso comes out easy and hot enough, but the milk frothing is not perfect. Also, dark oily beans do tend to clump together in the grinder and need help to get moving. But nothing is perfect and this machine allows me to have as many cups of cappuccino and espresso as i would like at the push of a button-And that is worth a lot! (Posted on 10/6/2013)
- First Automatic Espresso MakerReview by George
Quality Price Value
- Great machineReview by Gregell
Quality Price Value
- Best semi commercial for the money.Review by Espresso911
Quality Value Price
Easy To Use, Quiet, Large Water Container, Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing, Commercial Grade
(Posted on 5/2/2012)
- Nice machineReview by CT
Quality Value Price
The ECAM makes a pretty nice espresso with thick, rich crema, and at the appropriate temperature as long as it's set to hot. We had been using pretty darkly roasted, greasy looking beans at first but they tend to get clustered in the hopper so required constant pushing down into the grinder... I was also worried about the grinds getting clumped up, so we switched to a medium-dark grind and the bean flow seems to be better now. Although I prefer the taste from darker beans, I really can't complain about this, and the consistency and ease of brewing is excellent.
The milk frother is a bit less spectacular, which I understand is pretty typical for these things. I actually think the quality of the foam with respect to bubble size is similar to what you can get from a panarello (I had a straight wand without a vent on my Gaggia, and the foam from it is superior if you know what you're doing), but it is just not very hot. It's barely lukewarm, actually... I measured it at 110F with an instant thermometer, when the milk is straight out of our quite cold fridge. It's warmer if the milk in the carafe is warmer. You can put your drink in the microwave for 15 seconds after it's made, but that's not very elegant.
The amount of foam can be adjusted from none to a lot. When it's set for a lot, you get the 50:50 ratio of milk to foam volume that is appropriate for a cappuccino.
Cleanup is super easy. The milk container needs to be blasted with some steam after using, by holding a button down for about 10 seconds, and then put back in the fridge. We clean it thoroughly about once a week which takes maybe 3 minutes, and it hasn't developed any stink or buildup at all in between as long as it doesn't sit out on a hot day. The coffee portion of the machine rinses automatically every time you turn it on and again when you turn it off (or when it turns on/off by timer), and it's easy to dump the drip tray and grounds hopper when prompted every few days. Haven't needed to descale yet.
All in all, we are satisfied with our purchase. Makes great espresso and reasonable milk drinks. My only gripe is the milk temperature... unless you put _a lot_ of coffee into your milk drink (because the coffee is much hotter than the milk), you're either going to have a lukewarm drink or need to microwave. I guess you could let the milk in the carafe come up to room temp, prewarm your cup, and then it would be piping hot, but then you're dealing with needing to clean the milk system thoroughly every day. It's easier just to microwave. The alternative would be a superauto which also has a frothing wand, like the Saeco Exprelia. If I had it to do over again, I would probably choose the Exprelia but mostly because I've found that I miss frothing milk by hand (my wife won't let me keep both machines out on the counter!).
Oh, one other thing. When the machine initially arrived, it made very loud noises and no water would go through. It was after hours and no tech support was available, I thought it seemed like a vapor lock (air in the system), I tried many things to get it to prime itself. What eventually worked was putting the milk carafe on and holding down the "clean" button which draws steam through. This got water drawing from the tank and then everything worked fine, it's been performing like a champ ever since.
Quiet, Easy To Use, Easy To Clean
Cool milk temperature (Posted on 4/17/2012)