Note: this model does not include the pictured tea filter.
Move over old French press, there's a new player in town. Espro's design team is at it again with the Espro Press P5. They've improved nearly every aspect of their press pot progenitor with beefier glass, better filtering and more secure mounting points. In fact, the only things unchanged from the classic design is the curved glass pour spout and handle. Press pots have never looked so good.
- Thicker Glass - 40% thicker than standard borosilicate, the P5's glass carafe offers better resiliency and heat retention than standard pots.
- Safety Lock - A plastic outer tab locks the carafe to the base and handle for less accidental spills.
- Double Filter - Two mesh filter baskets and a silicone seal help keep coffee grounds out of your pours.
- Optional Paper - An optional paper filter cleans up your cup even further.
- Locked and Loaded - The new locking mechanism and rubber filter gasket keeps the container and lid secure for pouring.
- Burly Borosilicate - The glass carafe of the P5 is extra thick, which helps with both heat retention and resiliency from shattering. More importantly, it feels luxuriously sturdy during use.
- Few Fines - The double mesh and silicone gasket definitely keep grit in your cups to a minimum.
- It was the Press Pot I Swear! - The silicone seal makes the most attractive slurping sound when being pulled out of the carafe.
- Graffito - The nice, thick glass is covered in lots and lots of instructions and warning information, making it look busier than it should.
How Does it Compare?
The P5 carries a bevy of improvements to almost every original component of the classic French press. The only two similar parts on a technical level are the handle and spout.
What it Covers: Espro tampers, frothing pitchers and french presses
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Espro
Warranty Contact Information: 604-366-3392 or email at email@example.com
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Note: Please note that Espro will repair calibrated tampers, have replacement filters and shafts available for presses, and will replace pitchers and Dillinger tampers if they are deemed defective and still covered by warranty.
Care and Maintenance
- Hand wash press after every use.
18 oz: 6 inches | 32 oz: 7 inches
18 oz: 3.5 inches | 32 oz: 4.5 inches
18 oz: 9 inches | 32 oz: 10.5 inches
Product Weight (lbs.)
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
18 or 32
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards