The Eureka Mignon Specialita walks the line between a focus on grind quality and unprecedented convenience for the home barista, and for one lucky person - it's available to take home under Open Box pricing. This special grinder is designed with Eureka's notable attention to internals–coupling a 55mm flat burrset with a stepless grind system that adjusts from below the motor, making home cleaning and disassembly much easier. This winning combo comes framed within a sound-insulating case of thick metal with rubber mounts and gaskets, reducing the sound of crushing beans to a quiet whisper. Finally, a programmable touchscreen makes it easy to set your espresso dose for easy accuracy. The only thing that could make this grinder better is a cheaper price point... oh wait, it's Open Box! Nevermind, it's perfect.
- Silenced Grind: A sound-insulated case helps keep the open box Specialita quieter than most.
- Touchscreen Controls: Adjust your grind time for single, double and continuous modes with a backlit resistive touchscreen.
- 55mm Stepless Burrs: With the biggest burrs available on a Mignon; these hardened steel flat burrs make short work of coffee beans.
- Bottom Burr Adjust: By adjusting the grind from below the motor mount, the open box Specialita preserves your grind setting between disassemblies.
- New Chute: A wider chute design with Eureka's anti-clumping system makes for fluffier grounds.
- Better Burrset: It sounds like a small upgrade, but the grind quality with the open box Specialita's 55mm burrs is a nice step up from the Mignon's stock 50mm discs.
- Touchscreen: While a monochrome screen sounds a little dated, the high contrast and large digits make it exceptionally usable without looking out of place.
- Size: It's tough to find a grinder actually sized for the home kitchen that works as well as this open box Specialita.
- Touchscreen: The touchscreen is resistive, meaning it has a soft, flexible screen. You'll need to take care to press lightly.
Tips and Tricks
Press-and-hold the screen before turning on to see the grinders total shot count.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Bean Hopper Capacity
Programmable Dosing Functionality
Stepless - Infinite Settings
Burr - Flat Steel
Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over