Retro and intriguing, the Francis Francis X1 provides all the essentials to brew an enticing shot of espresso and delectable milk based drink (latte or cappuccino, anyone?). Featuring a centrally located temperature gauge with steam and coffee icons to let you know when the X1 is at optimal temperature to brew and steam. Simple coffee and steam switches sit adjacent to one another for transitional ease.
Features & Functionality of the Francis Francis X1 Espresso Machine
- Cup Warmer: Warm your espresso cups on top of the X1 prior to brewing.
- Simple Switches: No confusion here! The X1 offers three easy switches (on/off, brew, steam) for fewer head-scratching moments.
- Steam Knob: Turn the prominent steam knob counter-clockwise to control steam power.
- Notification Sound: When alternating between brewing and steaming, the X1 will let you know when it's ready with a friendly beep.
- Hot Water Option: The X1 may not have a hot water switch, but Francis Francis still included a way to dispense hot water: Flip both the coffee and steam switches in the up position. Once the ready light is on, turn the steam knob counter-clockwise and flip the coffee switch down. Hot water will then dispense through the steam wand.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|Tips and Tricks||
The X1 includes a non-pressurized portafilter, so having a good quality grinder is ideal to achieve the best possible shot.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||18.5000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||40.50 ounces|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Ask a Question
(2) What about this model renders it incompatible with pods?
(3) Any insider tips?
2. The design of the portafilter and brew head is different from the newest X1 model. If the company wanted to, they could have designed a machine that would take both pods and ground coffee, but alas, they did not.
3. Drink more coffee.
all aluminum design
Front control panel uses switches
Size: 12''x10''x9.5'' (HxWxD)
More Retro Look
Front control panel uses Buttons.
Size: 13''x10''x12'' (HxWxD)
More Modern look
There are a few minor differences between the 2 models, but they do just about the same job, Just do not forget to buy a quality grinder because they both utilize a Non-Pressurized portafilter. If you are on a budget, I sugjust getting a Hario Mini Mill. Although you will have to manually grind your beans, you will get consistancy every time. I use it at home and it is perfect. https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/hario-mini-mill-slim
These machines go through our refurbish department and are thoroughly tested before we clean and box them to sell, so we make sure that everything is operating properly. They may have some minor blemishes or scratches, because they likely were previously owned for a short time. Hope this helps to answer your question!
Also, do you have any refurbished in black?
Warranty Information for the Francis Francis X1 Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Delonghi, Rocket, Rancilio, Francis Francis Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Francis Francis X1 Espresso Machine
Empty and wash the water tank weekly.
Empty and and rinse the dump every few days.
- Great machine at a great priceReview by Mike
Price Value Quality