The Francis Francis X1 home espresso machine is both beautiful and functional. Its retro style should not distract from its excellent built quality, solid brass boiler and heavy chrome plated brass portafilter. It has advanced features like automatic boiler refill and digital temperature control so you won't need to do temperature surfing to achieve excellent shots of espresso. The Francis Francis X1 is a pod only machine.
Features & Functionality
- Auto Boiler Refill: Prevent heating element burn out and always have enough water available for steaming milk with the X1 automated boiler fill system
- Excellent Temperature Regulation: The X1 has an electronic thermostat which keeps the brewing temperature within 2 degrees of the optimal temperature. As a result, there is no need to worry about temperature surfing on the Francis Francis as required on the Rancilio Silvia that has a mechanical thermostat
- Brass Components: Excellent temperature regulation is provided by the brass boiler and related water works
- All Steel Casing: The elegant all painted steel casing assures this machine will be around for awhile unlike some of the more plastic alternatives
- 18 Bar Pump: Powerful Ulka pump has all the pressure require to extract excellent espresso
- Cup Warming: Ambiently heated cup surface with rail lets you pre-heat your cups before you pull the shot.
- Push Buttons: Easily identifiable toggle switch and button interface uses lights and sounds to cue you as to when the machine is ready for steaming and brewing.
- Pod Only - The brass portafilter is specifically designed for use with ESE pods
Auto-Fill Boiler - Brass boiler refills itself so you don't have to worry about accidentally burning out the boiler. And with it's built in electronic thermostat no temperature surfing is required like on the Rancilio Silvia that has a mechanical thermostat.
Pod Perfection - This machine is designed to work with ESE pods only, so there were no compromises made in order to include ground coffee capability.
Easy to Use - Simple flip switches make brewing intuitive and easy
Auto-Fill BoilerSteam Wand Angle - The machine has great steam power and good results, but the angle of the wand is a little hard to get used to
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||15.4000|
|Case Material||Powder Coated Steel & Chrome|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Francis Francis X1
Seattle Coffee Gear offers a limited warranty on some of the equipment that it sells. Please refer to the directory above to confirm that your equipment is directly supported by this warranty prior to contacting us for service.
To receive warranty support on your equipment through Seattle Coffee Gear, you must provide proof of purchase in the form of your original order number. For orders placed online or over the phone, this information would have been emailed to you at order confirmation and also referenced on the packing slip. For purchases made in a retail store location, this information is on the original sales receipt that you received at purchase. Please note: We cannot correlate retail store orders to the original order number without this receipt; you must provide this information in order to receive warranty support.
Seattle Coffee Gear warranties are non-transferable.
The warranty covers parts and labor required to repair the machine and any mechanical or electrical components (including, but not limited to, control boards, pumps, boilers, wiring, brew groups, hoses or motors) from defect or failure under normal use conditions. The warranty includes free return shipping to any location within the continental US. Customer must pay to ship the machine to our repair center if necessary.
What isn't Covered?
Warranty troubleshooting and repair does not apply to the following:
Any defect arising from the misuse of the machine, including but not limited to:
Normal wear and tear on the machine, including but not limited to:
Regular maintenance, including but not limited to:
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/military addresses or outside of the US is not covered by the warranty; in these cases, the customer is responsible for shipping costs in both directions.
Who Do I Contact for Warranty Services?
Contact us by phone: 866.372.4734
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To initiate warranty service, we will need your equipment's original order number, located on your packing slip or original sales receipt, as applicable.
Please note that we will primarily troubleshoot the issue over the phone, so contacting us when you are in front of the machine and able to perform basic actions is important. If we are unable to resolve the issue over the phone, you will be provided information on how to deliver your machine to our repair center.
Do not send your equipment to us for repair without contacting us first to diagnose and setup a Repair Authorization (RA) number. All equipment shipped without a valid RA are subject to refusal at our warehouse.
How Long Will it Take for a Warranty Repair?
Once we receive your machine in our repair center, we commit to repairing and returning your machine to you within 30 business days.
Caring for the Francis Francis X1
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.