Enjoying Mother Nature's vast beauty shouldn't stop you from appreciating a cup of freshly ground java. The next time you're packing for a most excellent expedition, don't forget the grinder! With a little manual muscle power, GSI's Java Mill will have you savoring a campsite espresso or pour over in no time. Not the outdoorsy type? Keep this grinder as a handy back-up for an unexpected power outage - you'll thank us later!
Features & Functionality of the GSI Outdoors Java Mill Portable Coffee Grinder
- Detachable Parts: Remove the handle, silicone grip, grounds container and top of the grinder for easy adjustments and cleaning.
- Portable: Because the handle is removable, you can easily change the direction in which it sits. Lock the handle horizontally with the silicone grip pointing up for low resistance grinding. When the trail is calling you name, lock the handle vertically against the grinder with the orange grip facing down for a storage friendly shape.
- Small Bean Storage: The "bean hopper" portion of this portable grinder can hold up to 2 ounces of whole beans.
- Adjustable Grind: Turn the rotating lever (inside the grounds container) clockwise for a finer grind and counterclockwise for a coarser grind.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.5000|
|Case Material||Copolyester Resin|
|Dosing Options||No Progamming - All Manual|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro Settings Only|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Ceramic|
Ask a Question
Have suggestions on what you'd like to see here? Send us an email!
- Great for occasional useReview by Robert
Quality Price Value
The only issue I've had with it is the top. You pull the top off to load beans, then as you push the lid back on it has to line up or you risk cracking the plastic. I've used it just over fifty times and there's already a crack, but it's still working fine. I'm thinking about wrapping it in duct tape to stop the crack from spreading and for extra grip.
Overall, I'm satisfied with the grinder and will continue to use it, but I can't say it's a good choice for more than a cup here and there. Look from something else if you're wanting a daily use hand grinder. (Posted on 12/23/2014)