illy Caffe Decaf offers the same flavor and aroma as medium roast, with a caffeine content of under 0.05 percent, half the legal requirement for decaffeinated coffee. It has aromatic notes of caramel and chocolate with a light flowery top note.
In addition, illy has made Caffe Decaf available in a variety of types to facilitate the brewing process:
- Whole Bean - It's the perfect choice for coffee connoisseurs who prefer grinding the beans to suit their own individual taste and preparation method.
- Fine Espresso Grind - Choose it if you enjoy personalizing the dosage of each espresso shot and the tactile pleasure of tamping the coffee.
- Espresso Pods - Place a pre-measured illy pod into an E.S.E.-compatible espresso machine, and in less than 30 seconds you have rich, robust espresso!
illy Caffe Decaf comes either in a pressurized can to preserve the fresh flavor and aroma of the distinctive illy blend or an 18 count package of individually wrapped espresso pods.
- 8.8 ounce can or 4.4 ounce box of decaffeinated illy coffee
- Imported from Italy
|How Does it Compare?||
illy Caffe Decaf has all of the flavor of illy's medium roast espresso without the caffeine.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.5500|
|Roast Level Shades||Shade: Medium Dark Brown | Names: Viennese, Full City, Light French, Espresso|
Ask a Question
Have suggestions on what you'd like to see here? Send us an email!
- Excellent decaf coffeeReview by Beatchica
Price Value Quality
Here is why:
- Low caffeine content without sacrificing flavor
- Shots are very creamy, goes great with milk or as a stand alone shot
- The taste rich, full and smooth with nice nutty and chocolate overtones
Other decaf that I have tries tends to lack the full, rich, smooth, flavor of illy.
(Posted on 12/12/2013)