illy Medium Roast offers a smooth, balanced flavor enhanced by aromatic notes of caramel and chocolate with a light flowery top note.
In addition, illy has made Medium Roast available in a variety of types to facilitate the brewing process:
- Whole Bean - It's the perfect choice for coffee connoisseurs who prefer grinding the beans to suit their own individual taste and preparation method.
- Fine Espresso Grind - Choose it if you enjoy personalizing the dosage of each espresso shot and the tactile pleasure of tamping the coffee.
- Espresso Pods - Place a pre-measured illy pod into an E.S.E.-compatible espresso machine, and in less than 30 seconds you have rich, robust espresso!
illy Medium Roast comes either in a pressurized can to preserve the fresh flavor and aroma of the distinctive illy blend or an 18 count package of individually wrapped espresso pods.
- 8.8 ounce can or 4.4 ounce box of premium illy coffee
- Imported from Italy
|How Does it Compare?||
illy Medium Roast has a smooth balanced flavor with notes of caramel and chocolate.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.5500|
|Roast Level Shades||Shade: Medium Dark Brown | Names: Viennese, Full City, Light French, Espresso|
Ask a Question
- Good Coffee, but I find the price unjustifiedReview by dale
Quality Price Value
I've tried this blend and a couple of the Lavazza blends, not much difference in quality to my taste, so I would go with the better priced Lavazza coffees, if you want Italian. Otherwise, they are both comparable in quality to a good locally roasted product.
There is a difference that isn't mentioned, Lavazza and Illy beans are nitrogen flushed, which I'm told will keep them fresher for 2 -3 weeks longer , compared to your typical local roasted coffee. Enjoy, unless you have a very special palate, its all good, and save yourself some money by avoiding illy. (Posted on 6/2/2015)