Izzo Alex PID Pro Espresso Machine
- SCG $75 Gift Card $75.00
- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty $69.00
- Exclusive Setup Video - Izzo Alex PID $29.99
- Heat-Exchange Prosumer E61 Machine
- Stainless Steel Case, Frame, and Boiler
- PID Temperature Control and Shot Counter
- Rotary Pump for Optional Plumbing
Looking for a home-size machine that can keep up with the occasional crowd? The Alex PID Pro espresso machine is an ideal pick for the home entertainer. This heat-exchange style espresso machine packs in a generous 2.3-liter boiler built from stainless steel—a material it shares with its double-wall case, frame and furniture. This ample service boiler offers capacity for back-to-back lattes without losing steam (sorry), and helps keep shots toasty thanks to its actively heated E61 brew group. All this energy is efficiently managed through a programmable PID controller that doubles as a shot timer during brewing. Other volume-focused design choices—like a plumbable pump design, ultra-deep drip tray, and wide cup rack—ensure you'll have your next dinner party well caffeinated all night long.
- Stainless Steel Boiler - A massive 2.3-liter insulated heat-exchange boiler offers stable steam pressure and temperature.
- PID Controller - Temperature is managed electronically, offering more efficient operation than similarly-spec'd analog models.
- Shot Timer - When brewing, the front-facing PID doubles as a convenient shot timer.
- Steel Case and Frame - Polished double-wall side panels and a hard-wearing stainless frame add extra sturdiness to an already overbuilt machine.
- Rotary Pump - A commercial-caliber rotary pump brings an extended life cycle and the option to plumb-in directly to your water line.
- E61 Group - This boiler-heated design keeps your shot temp stable for better tasting coffee.
- Covered In Chrome - So shiny, yet satisfyingly sturdy. The use of such a large stainless boiler in a machine in this class is laudable.
- Big Boiler - The Alex PID's combo of size and insulation brings stability to both brew and steam temperatures.
- Front PID - The PID placement made it easy for us to adjust temperature for different coffees, or if we were steaming lattes for a crowd.
- A Little Chunky - The Alex PID+ shares a case similar in dimension to the Alex Duetto, it's on the large end for an apartment or condo-size kitchen.
- And Hot - The PID placement is a double-edged sword. Useful: Yes. Distracting: Also yes. The easy access had us mucking about steam settings at any opportunity.
Tips and Tricks
The Alex PID+ is packaged without feet installed! Take care to set machine on its side to attach feet before placing on your counter.
What it Covers: Izzo espresso machines
Length: 1 year parts and labor
Who Supports the Warranty: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Warranty Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Backflush daily; weekly with detergent
- When shipping or storing, make sure to drain boilers
- Wipe down case with microfiber towel
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in
Auto Shut Off
Izzo espresso machines offer a stunning, shiny start to your day. Izzo machines are some of the most powerful, advanced espresso machines available for home use. True prosumer products, Izzo machines are tough to master but rewarding to use. Our Izzo Plus machines offer all of the spectacular benefits of an Izzo espresso machine with the addition of stainless steel boilers. These upgraded machines are only available at Seattle Coffee Gear.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Mozzafiato Timer Type V Espresso Machine||Rocket Espresso Giotto Timer Evoluzione R Espresso Machine||Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine|
|Auto Shut Off||No||No||Yes|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger||Heat Exchanger||Double Boiler|
|Boiler Material||Brass/Copper||Brass/Copper||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||3.5 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||16.75 inches||16.5 inches||17 inches including portafilter|
|Height||15.75 inches||Adjustable 14.75 to 16.75 inches||17.75 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature||Temperature||Temperature, Custom Drinks, Favorites, Shot Time, Milk Temperature, Milk Foam|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||2.5 L||84 ounces|
|Recommended For||Coffee Press|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||20 minutes||20 minutes||10 minutes|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||11 inches||13.2 inches||14.5 inches|