Brew better—without the unnecessary bells and whistles. The Jura A1 superautomatic offers a compact coffee solution for your home. Designed to do one thing well, the A1 brews up delicious espresso at the touch of a finger. Packed with Jura's newest brew technologies—a faster-grinding burrset and a pulsing brew unit for more flavorful shots—the A1 is just the thing for espresso-only households. And with additional niceties like a backlit touch-sensitive control panel and chrome accents, the A1 looks as good as it brews.
Custom Drinks: Customize drink options like strength, volume, and temperature to your drink menu.
Advanced: Program everything from milk texture to coffee flavor profile in addition to basic custom drink functionality.
User Profiles: Save your just-right drink programming for every recipe in an individual user profile.Custom Drinks
Compact: 10" Width or Less
Full-Size: 10" Width or MoreCompact
Carafe: Detachable milk carafe for automatic steaming.
Siphon: A long tube that draws milk from a pitcher or jug for automatic steaming.
Wand: A steam wand that gives you control over milk temperature and texture.
None: No milk steaming capabilities.
- Ultra-compact: Measuring in at 9 inches wide, 17.5 inches deep and 12.7 inches high, this machine is Jura's smallest superautomatic on the market.
- Pulse Extraction Process: Jura's exclusive brewing extraction process pulses pressure in the brew unit to draw out more nuanced flavor with every shot.
- Programmability: Program three different cup sizes (ristretto, espresso or coffee) and select from two dosage levels (8 to 10 grams of ground coffee) to brew the perfect cup.
- Touch Technology: The touch panel features illuminated icons for each cup size, in addition to prompting you for regular machine maintenance.
- Conical Burr Grinder: Now packed with Jura's Aroma G3 grinder, which promises faster grind times.
- Aroma Preservation Seal: A protective seal on the bean hopper keeps beans at their freshest.
- Height-adjustable Coffee Spout: The cup clearance ranges from 2 to 5.5 inches, making it more compatible with larger travel mugs.
- Energy Efficient: The machine automatically switches to energy-saving mode after five minutes, and turns off after two hours. A Zero-Energy switch ensures the machine draws no energy when not in use.
- No pods or capsules! Use your own fresh whole beans for the freshest cup around.
- Rinsing Cycle: The A1's aggressive cleaning and rinsing cycles keep it in tip-top shape, while the touchscreen conveniently displays maintenance needs.
- Ease of Use: With three programmable buttons, brewing a fresh cup could not be simpler.
- Eco-friendly: Automatic energy-saving mode and Zero-Energy switch are kind to your wallet and Mother Nature.
- Heavyweight: Despite it's small footprint, the A1 weighs in just under 20 pounds, and requires a little muscle to maneuver.
How Does it Compare?
A much-needed upgrade to the popular ENA Micro 1, the A1 features the same compact format, but with improved grind speed, shot quality with Jura's Pulse Extraction Process and chrome accents.
Jura superautomatic espresso machines offer simplicity and performance whether you’re brewing a shot of espresso to be enjoyed on its own or in a classic café milk drink. With simple interfaces, easy to manage Clearyl water filtration, and Jura’s P.E.P. extraction process, these machines are a compelling option in the superauto category.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Dose, Shot Time
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Adjustable; 2 to 5.5 inches
Auto Shut Off
Bean Hopper Capacity
Metal and Plastic
What it Covers: Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, tea makers, grinders and milk frothers
Length: 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment), 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
Who Supports the Warranty: Jura
Warranty Contact Information: 800-767-3554
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Note:Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-branded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).
Care and Maintenance
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days
Compare Similar Machines
|DeLonghi Magnifica Superautomatic Espresso Machine||Philips Carina Superautomatic Espresso Machine||Philips 3200 LatteGo Superautomatic Espresso Machine|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||7 ounces||10 ounces||10 ounces|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||Adjustable; 3.5 to 4.75 inches||Adjustable: 3 to 5.5 inches||Adjustable: 3 to 5.5 inches|
|Depth||17 inches||17 inches||17 inches|
|Height||14 inches||14.5 inches||14.5 inches|
|Milk System||Panarello Wand||Panarello Wand||LatteGo|
|Programmability||Temperature, Dose, Shot Time||Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||57.4 ounces||1.8 L||1.8 L|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||55 seconds||1:07||1:07|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||11 inches||9.5 inches||9.5 inches|